hy·da·to·genesis | \ ¦hīdə(ˌ)tō+\
Definition of hydatogenesis
1 : the crystallization of minerals in certain rocks by the water present in a magma especially : the process of depositing minerals in veins from aqueous solutions
2 : the crystallization of salt or gypsum from normal aqueous solutions
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game