variants: or hot fudge sauce
Definition of hot fudge
: a hot, thick, chocolate sauce that is usually served on ice cream A hot fudge sundae is ice cream topped with hot fudge and usually nuts and whipped cream. a pie topped with hot fudge sauce
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game