Definition of hooch
(Entry 1 of 3)
: alcoholic liquor especially when inferior or illicitly made or obtained
variants: or hootch
Definition of hooch (Entry 2 of 3)
: a usually thatched hut broadly : dwelling
variants: or Hoogh
Definition of Hooch (Entry 3 of 3)
Pieter de 1629–after 1684 Dutch painter
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game