ho·mol·o·sine projection | \ hōˈmäləˌsīn- \
Definition of homolosine projection
: an equal-area interrupted map projection that combines the sinusoidal projection for latitudes up to 40° with the homolographic for areas poleward of these latitudes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game