Definition of homocercal
1 of a fish tail fin : having the upper and lower lobes approximately symmetrical and the vertebral column ending at or near the middle of the base
2 : having or relating to a homocercal tail fin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game