variants: or less commonly homocentrical \ pronunciation at homo-+ \
Definition of homocentric
(Entry 1 of 2)
: having the same center homocentric spheres specifically : diverging from or converging toward a common center —used of light rays forming a pencil
Definition of homocentric (Entry 2 of 2)
: centered on human beings the universe is not homocentric— Junjiro Takakusu
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game