hex·u·lose | \ ˈheksyəˌlōs\
Definition of hexulose
: a ketose C6H12O6 (as fructose or sorbose) containing six carbon atoms in the molecule especially : the isomer having the carbonyl group in the beta or 2-position
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game