have a go atidiom
Definition of have a go at
1 : to make an attempt at (doing something) I asked him if I could have a go at writing the proposal.
2 British, informal : to attack or criticize (someone) The press is having a go at the Prime Minister.
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game