throw a fitidiom
variants: or have a fit
Definition of throw a fit
: to express extreme anger Dad will throw a fit if he finds out. Don't have a fit if it doesn't turn out as you want.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game