throw a fitidiom
variants: or have a fit
Definition of throw a fit
: to express extreme anger Dad will throw a fit if he finds out. Don't have a fit if it doesn't turn out as you want.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game