have a go atidiom
Definition of have a go at
1 : to make an attempt at (doing something) I asked him if I could have a go at writing the proposal.
2 British, informal : to attack or criticize (someone) The press is having a go at the Prime Minister.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game