grow apartphrasal verb
grew apart; grown apart; growing apart; grows apart
Definition of grow apart
: to become less friendly or emotionally close as time passes : to become distant from someone My wife and I have grown apart over the years.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game