grow apartphrasal verb
grew apart; grown apart; growing apart; grows apart
Definition of grow apart
: to become less friendly or emotionally close as time passes : to become distant from someone My wife and I have grown apart over the years.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game