Definition of good luck
1 —used to say that one hopes someone will succeed We're sorry that you're leaving. Good luck in your new job.
2 informal —used to say that one thinks what someone is trying to do is difficult or impossible "I'm planning to ask for a raise." "Oh, really? Well, good luck (to you)."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game