go togetherphrasal verb
went together; gone together; going together; goes together
Definition of go together
1 : to be suited to or appropriate for each other This tie and this shirt go together well.
2 somewhat old-fashioned : to have a continuing romantic relationship They've been going together for several years.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game