Definition of go crazy
1 : to become mentally ill : to go insane She went crazy and started to think everyone was trying to kill her. —usually used in an exaggerated way I must be going crazy. I can't find my car keys anywhere.
2 : to act in a way that is out of control : to act wildly We were just talking when he suddenly went crazy and started screaming and breaking things. The crowd went crazy when the team won the championship.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game