cal·a·bre·se | \ ˌkaləˈbrāzē, -sē\
Definition of calabrese
: a broccoli (Brassica oleracea italica) having a greenish terminal head and similar lateral heads that develop after the terminal one is cut
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game