variants: or less commonly glead \ ˈglēd \
Definition of glede
(Entry 1 of 2)
: any of several birds of prey (as the common European buzzard or the osprey) especially : the common European kite (Milvus milvus)
Definition of glede (Entry 2 of 2)
obsolete variant of gleed:1
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game