give a darnidiom
variants: or less commonly care a darn
Definition of give a darn
chiefly US, informal
: to care at all about someone or something —used in negative statements I don't give a darn what people say about me.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game