give a damnidiom
variants: or less commonly care a damn
Definition of give a damn
: to care at all about someone or something —used in negative statements He doesn't give a damn what people think about him.Nobody gives a damn about us.I don't want to hear about her problems. I just don't give a damn.They don't seem to care a damn about their future.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game