give (someone) an eyefulidiom
Definition of give (someone) an eyeful
: to cause someone to see something very clearly or to see a lot or too much of something —often refers to seeing something shocking or surprising, such as a person who is naked She opened the front of her blouse and gave him an eyeful.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game