gim·mer | \ ˈgimər\
Definition of gimmer
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 chiefly Scottish : a yearling female sheep : a two-tooth ewe
2 dialectal, British : a woman friend : crony
variants: or gimmor \ ˈjimə(r) \
Definition of gimmer (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?