get the runaroundidiom
Definition of get the runaround
: to not be given the information or help that one needs because someone will not answer one's questions or deal with one's problem directly I'm tired of getting the runaround from your customer representatives.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game