get the runaroundidiom
Definition of get the runaround
: to not be given the information or help that one needs because someone will not answer one's questions or deal with one's problem directly I'm tired of getting the runaround from your customer representatives.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game