get it togetheridiom
Definition of get it together
1 : to begin to live in a good and sensible way : to stop being confused, foolish, etc. If he doesn't get it together pretty soon, he's going to end up in jail.
2 : to begin to function in a skillful or effective way The company finally got it together and started making a profit this year.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game