\ ˈfrəsh \
Definition of frush
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : the frog of a horse's foot
2 : a discharge from the frog of a horse's foot also : thrush
\ ˈfru̇sh, ˈfrəsh \
Definition of frush (Entry 2 of 2)
1 dialectal, British, of timber or cloth : decayed to the point of brittleness : lacking tensile strength
2 dialectal, British, of soil : friable and mellow
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game