fret·ty | \ ˈfretē, -etē, -i\
Definition of fretty
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 heraldry : covered with narrow bands interlacing saltirewise
2 heraldry : fretted sense 2
Definition of fretty (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?