fob someone or something offidiom
Definition of fob someone or something off
: to give someone or something not wanted to someone else : to palm off someone or something —often + on The child's father was always fobbing her off on relatives and babysitters.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game