foam at the mouthidiom
Definition of foam at the mouth
1 : to produce foam from the mouth because of illness or excitement The dog was foaming at the mouth.
2 informal : to be very angry about something He was foaming at the mouth with rage.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game