Definition of flex-fuel
: designed to run on either traditional gasoline or a gasoline/alcohol blend (such as gasohol) In the past few years, Brazil's bioethanol industry has sprouted new wings thanks to higher petrol prices and 'flex-fuel' cars, which can sense different mixtures of petrol and ethanol and adjust their workings accordingly.— Emma Marris
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game