Definition of fine-tuned
1 : precisely adjusted for the highest level of performance, efficiency, or effectiveness a fine-tuned machine His voice on "Always Late with Your Kisses" rolled along its cordillera of syllables like a fine-tuned sports car.— Bryan Di Salvatore
2 : improved or refined over time His story is that of a man with an exquisitely fine-tuned creative imagination …— Bruce McCall It is one of the many recipes that are treasured family hand-downs or the fine-tuned ideas of Marilyn Lewis …— Caroline Bates
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game