fel·sen·meer | \ ˈfelzənˌme(ə)r \
Definition of felsenmeer
: an assemblage of angular and subangular rock fragments completely mantling the surface and commonly present in mountainous regions above timberline where slopes are not too steep to retain the loose debris
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game