variants: or fals \ ˈfals \
plural falus\ fəˈlüs \
Definition of fels
: a copper coin used in an Arabic-speaking country
Note: Fels may have referred originally to a specific early coin, but it later came to be a general term for any copper coin.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game