Definition of federated
: of, relating to, forming, or joined in a federation a union of federated republics On this Western Hemisphere all tribes and people are forming into one federated whole …— Herman Melville … a handful of other blue chip companies were putting their considerable clout behind a coalition … to build a federated data warehouse that would help more than 2.5 million employees, retirees, and dependents take more control of their health and health care purchases.— Rob Preston
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game