Definition of fast-moving
1 : moving or capable of moving rapidly usually with sustained speed a fast-moving vehicle for freight transport
2 of a dramatic or literary work : full of sustained action or conflict usually with the result of sustaining the interest
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?