Definition of fake it
: to pretend to be something that one is not or to have some knowledge or ability that one does not really have He acts like he's my friend, but I can tell that he's just faking it. He didn't know the words to the song, so he had to fake it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game