Definition of executive control
: the ability to carry out goal-directed behavior using complex mental processes and cognitive abilities (such as working memory and impulse inhibition) … the prefrontal cortex, which is known to be involved in a range of high-level, executive control processes …— Alison Motluk — compare executive function
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?