Definition of ever after
: from that time forward She remembered him fondly ever after. The fairy tale ended by saying that the characters in the story lived happily ever after. —the phrase live happily ever after is also used to describe real people who are being compared in some way to characters in a fairy tale His biography tells the story of a poor boy who grew up to be a millionaire and lived happily ever after.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game