Definition of epigenomics
: a branch of genomics concerned with the epigenetic changes that modify the expression and function of the genetic material of an organism : the study of the epigenome Until now, researchers have tackled epigenomics piecemeal, with different groups cataloging where on the genomes of particular cells certain epigenetic modifications occur.— Elizabeth Pennisi
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game