enough is enoughidiom
Definition of enough is enough
—used to say that one wants something to stop because one can no longer accept or deal with it I don't mind lending her a bit of money now and then, but enough is enough!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game