Definition of elephant's ear
: any of several large-leaved plants of the arum family: such as
a : taro
b : any of a genus (Alocasia) of tropical Asian perennial herbs cultivated as ornamentals for their large heavily veined basal leaves
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?