edit outphrasal verb
Definition of edit out
: to remove (something, such as an unwanted word or scene) while preparing something to be seen, used, published, etc. They edited out the scene. Write freely. You can always edit things out later.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game