ec·cle·si·arch | \ -lēzēˌärk\
Definition of ecclesiarch
1 : a high church official or ruling prelate
2 [ Middle Greek ekklēsiarchēs, from Greek ekklēsia church + -archēs -arch ] : a sacristan in the Eastern Church
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game