Definition of ductility
: the quality or state of being ductile especially : the ability of a material to have its shape changed (as by being drawn out into wire or thread) without losing strength or breaking When certain alloys are added to metal, hardness and strength can be improved without decreasing the ductility. — Daniel A. Brandt
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game