drive outphrasal verb
drove out; driven out; driving out; drives out
Definition of drive out
: to cause or force (someone or something) to leave They drove the invaders out. The family was driven out of the neighborhood by rising real estate prices.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game