Definition of drinking game
: a game in which players drink alcohol when particular conditions are met Drinking games have always been a way to break the ice. They weren't all that popular in my circle of friends, but I do remember occasional games of Beer-Pong, in which cups of beer are placed on a Ping-Pong table where they serve as both obstacles and receptacles: land a shot in one and your opponent has to chug the contents.— Barrett Seaman
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game