double or quitsadverb
Definition of double or quits
: with the result that a gambler either wins two times as much money as he or she has already won or loses all of the money : (US) double or nothing I won $20 on the first game but lost it on the second game going double or quits.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game