double or nothingadverb
Definition of double or nothing
: with the result that a gambler either wins two times as much money as he or she has already won or loses all of the money I won $20 on the first game but lost it on the second game going double or nothing.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game