double or nothingadverb
Definition of double or nothing
: with the result that a gambler either wins two times as much money as he or she has already won or loses all of the money I won $20 on the first game but lost it on the second game going double or nothing.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game