Definition of discussion group
1 : a group of people who meet to discuss shared topics of interest … every Sunday for most of one school year Ellie went to a regular discussion group at a nearby church.— Carl Sagan, Contact, 1985
2 : an electronic forum devoted to a particular topic : newsgroup Today a troll is someone who deliberately sends a rude or annoying message to a discussion group on the Internet.— Ruth Walker, The Christian Science Monitor, 6 June 2011
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?