Definition of dinger
: home run sense 1 Only the Royals, Astros and Cubs have given up more dingers than the Angels.— Stephen Cannella Ramirez had driven in 72 runs and had scored himself 49 times, while smacking 16 dingers …— David Sabino
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game