variants: or less commonly diacetone \ "+ \
Definition of diacetone alcohol
: a liquid keto alcohol CH3COCH2C(OH)(CH3)2 made usually by alkaline condensation of acetone and used chiefly as a solvent (as in lacquer formulations) and in hydraulic brake fluids
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game