: in a definite way : in a way free of all ambiguity, uncertainty, or obscurity
- I will definitely be there.
- He's very smart and very funny and is definitely a practical actor. He comes to work to get his job done and to make the best movie possible …
- —Anna Kendrick
- Omaha is definitely not hip; green-haired XML programmers do not glide past gourmet coffee emporiums on Razor scooters.
- —Adam Rogers
—used in speech as a forceful way of expressing agreement or saying "yes"
- "Do you think they'll win?" "Definitely!"
—used in speech in the phrase definitely not as a forceful way of expressing disagreement or saying "no"
- "Do you agree with him?" "Definitely not!"