: free of all ambiguity, uncertainty, or obscurity
- demanded a definite answer
- Her position on the issue was definite.
: unquestionable, decided
- the quarterback was a definite hero today
- saw a definite improvement in her grades
: typically designating an identified or immediately identifiable person or thing
: having distinct or certain limits
- set definite standards for pupils to meet
- … the side striking the new coin is flattened and less definite.
- —Jed Stevenson
of floral organs
: being constant in number, usually less than 20, and occurring in multiples of the petal number